If I were told I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would 100% be these open face caprese sandwiches. Really, not even chocolate! I swear I’m made up of these ingredients.
These can be grilled outside, but I used an iron cast grill this time because Eli decided he would hang onto my leg all day…not complaining, he’s pretty cute
I will be eating this all summer long, yuuuum!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 8 slices of crusty Italian bread
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 8 medium fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat up grill to medium. Combine 1 tbsp. oil and garlic and brush one side of each bread slice.
- Lay bread, oiled side down and grill for about 2 minutes or until it begins to toast.
- Turn bread over and lay tomato slices on top, the cheese and cover grill.
- Cook until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove sandwiches, add a basil leaf on each and drizzle the remaining oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.