I found these adorable animal popsicle molds at Target a few days ago while shopping with my sister and nephew. He immediately requested we look for some recipes. He first chose chocolate covered strawberry, but quickly changed his mind at the sight of these teeny tiny personal watermelons. The watermelon popsicles recipe I found asks for mint, which we left out at his request. It didn’t make a difference though, they are so sweet and refreshing! Perfect for a day like today; 105 degrees is no joke!
- 2.5 chopped (deseeded) watermelon
- 3tbsp Sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- Boil the sugar and water together for about 8-10 minutes to make simple syrup
- Blend water melon, simple syrup & lemon juice together in a mixer (I use the nutribullet)
- Pour the mix into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid.
- Try out these Watermelon Popsicles and let me know what you think! ENJOY!