OH HOLY AVOCADOS…HOW I LOVE THEE and this DIY moisturizing face mask you are a big part of!
I don’t know about you but my skin takes a toll as the weather warms up. Even though I get that summer glow within minutes of being outside, the dry air and winds leave my face feeling dehydrated and exhausted. I have been doing this face mask for a couple summers now and try to get it in at least once a week.
As dry as my face feels during summer, it’s also prone to more breakouts on the days I decide to wear makeup. I’m sorry, but there is absolutely no foundation good enough to good enough to not drip down my face during 105 degree weather.
The face mask is packed with ingredients that will leave your face feeling clean, smooth, hydrated and oh so good! Try it out if you’re in need of a mask that delivers, it’s easy and quick!
- 1/2 of an Avocado (pitted and mashed). When I first started doing this mask I would blend the ingredients in a food processor to make it smoother but it’s really not necessary. Just mash everything with a fork and go with it!
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Honey.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Coconut oil.
- Mash avocado until it becomes smooth.
- Mix in honey & coconut oil and mash or blend together until desired consistency is achieved.
- Apply to face and leave on for 15-20 minutes. (You’ll have some leftover mask…eat it if you’re up to it, it’s actually really good!)
- Use a warm wash cloth to gently remove the mask. I like applying the mask before a shower, and if I have time, I jump in once I’m done and wash it off in there.
- No need to moisturize after since your skin will feel super smooth and soft. If you’re going outside after the treatment, don’t forget to wear sunscreen!
Of course I took a photo (half of my face) with the mask on!
**Avocados – Moisturize skin and are anti-inflammatory.
**Raw Honey – Soaks up impurities and it’s filled with antioxidants, making it a great acne-fighting component for this mask and other products.
**Coconut Poil – Works like both avocado & honey, helping moisturize, clean and treat many skin conditions including breakouts.
I bought everything at Sprouts Farmers Market
xoxo Mari Pelli9